Actors Theatre of Louisville is actively looking for engaged community members to engage with the organization as volunteer ushers.
Actors Theatre of Louisville is developing a volunteer corps that is committed to upholding and sustaining antiracist and anti-oppression practices to foster a culture of radical hospitality and extravagant welcome. We are seeking a diverse group of volunteers, reflecting the rich cultural landscape of Louisville and allowing our guests to see themselves represented in our theater spaces.
Currently, Actors Theatre seeks volunteers to serve as ushers who welcome and assist guests into the theater and lobby spaces.
Responsibilities and attributes include, but are not limited to:
• Willing and able to support the disruption of the cycles of oppression, marginalization, and exploitation through antiracism and anti-oppression frameworks and practices.
• Helping guests locate areas in the theater building such as seating, restrooms and/or exits.
• Supporting guests who have access needs such as wheelchair accessible seating, assisted listening devices, and/or sensory objects.
• Connecting guests to a Radical Hospitality Team staff member to help resolve issues as needed.
• Being a part of a team that can safely and quickly implement necessary safety protocols and guide guests in the event of an emergency.
All guests, artists, staff and volunteers, including youth, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, wear a mask while in the theater building, and adhere to all guidelines of our Safety and Anti-Harassment Policies.
If you are interested in serving Actors Theatre of Louisville as a volunteer, please complete this form. We are excited to serve alongside you!